There are three ways to check the status of your new Medicare card.
- Check out the map at the gov website to see if the Medicare.gov mailings in your state have begun.
- Check your email. You will receive an email when the new Medicare cards start mailing in your state.
- Log into your My Medicare.gov account and on the right-hand side of the page, you will see a colored box that will show the status of your new Medicare card.
As of September 17, 2018, the new Medicare cards for Colorado have started mailing and according to the Medicare website should take about a month.
- As long as your address is up to date, you will receive your new Medicare card automatically. If you need to update your address you can do so at My Social Security Account or call at 1 (800) 772-1213.
- Your Original Medicare benefits will remain the same.
- Medicare will never call you and ask for your private information.
- There is no charge for your new Medicare card.
Whether you are new to Medicare and looking for someone to explain things in plain English or have had a Medicare plan for years and want to know if you may be paying too much, I am here to help. I specialize in Medicare products for seniors and represent all Medicare Supplement Plan types.
Your questions and concerns are my business.
Below is a short video from CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) concerning the new Medicare cards.
When this video is finished playing video, recommendations provided by YouTube will appear. We do not endorse or promote any of the suggested video content. When you click on one of these suggested videos, you are leaving this website.